As the stacks of unread books linger, titles appear on my list of new and forthcoming books I hope to be able to write something about in 2011:
· Grace Lee Boggs, The Next American Revolution (University of California Press)
Available April 2011, but the text of the first chapter (“These Are the Times to Grow Our Souls”) is visible on the UC Press site.
· James Boggs, Pages From a Black Radical’s Notebook: A James Boggs Reader (Wayne State University Press)
Available March 2011.
· André Gorz, The Immaterial: Knowledge, Value, and Capital (Seagull Books)
· Dick Howard, The Primacy of the Political (Columbia University Press)
Columbia University Press kindly sent me a review copy.
· C.L.R. James, You Don’t Play With Revolution (AK Press)
This important collection of speeches delivered during a trip to Canada in 1968 has been out for a while, but I haven’t gotten to it yet.
· Timothy Snyder, Bloodlands: Europe Between Hitler and Stalin (Basic Books)
This book has already gotten a lot of attention. A link to a Google Preview selection is available.